Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lifestyle Family Fitness Complaints - Comments & People Story

1) I tried to terminate my contract and called at the last day of Mar, 11. The sales manger offered me a new deal which was attractive. She said an email will come and I have to accept it.
The email never come. I was honestly waiting for it. I call every day for next 7 days and left message everytime. I emailed several times. No body bother to give me a call. In the mean time they charged my credit card for Apr. To avoid confusion I stopped going to the fitness center.
This was a deliberate attempt to frustrate me, keep me as a memebr, and charge me the old higher amount. I called Amex and stopped my payment.
As soon as I did it the sales manager within a hour emailed me the new offer. I accepted but they have not credited my a/c the higher charge they made for Apr. I am yet to resume my going to LFF.
I got a call from LFF today (6th May). The manager is only interested to talk about the future charges. She is not prepared to talk about Apr. She keeps on repeating that I did not accept the new offer in time. This is all frustrating.

2) I have been fighting since July of 2010 to be released from the hold of a company that claims not to have a contract. Lifestyle Family Fitness was the only facility I found near the University Area of Charlotte NC that did not lock you in to an annual contract- as I did not plan to be in the area very long. I would have been better off joining a different facility.

LFF takes first and last month's membership fees upfront with a guarantee that if you have to back out- you will be released without a problem. I decided to leave the gym in July of 2010. I called the number given to me from the gym. The person on the phone sent me an email that I replied to. I spoke to someone on the phone again who said that my account would need to be drafted a final time- which went against what I was told to start with. I didnt fight this. Somehow that final payment was for September not August for whatever reason and I didnt dispute this.

Long story short. This company drafted my account several times since then and still claim that I owe a balance. I changed bank cards and LFF still found a way to access my bank account. I have tried to get my money back with no success and the staff at LFF are terribly condescending and not helpful. Even the people answering the phone claim to be managers but will give your information to a a "manager" when you ask to speak to their bosses. Its exhausting. I am in the customer service business and I deal with people's livelihoods and money on a daily basis. I would never treat people the way that this organization has been treating me.


3) Do not work there.Kicked out and Fired! I was a member at the Lake Mary club for 3 years. I worked at the club for 3 months and was told by a sales manager from another club that he would fire me if i talked about wanting to be a personal Trainer. I was forced to quit my job. I came back in to work out and they told me i couldnt because they were afraid i would talk bad about him. I talked to my direct manager and was let back into the club. The next day he was gone and that manager took his place. I worked out for 2 years listening to his slander and lies he was spreading about me and filed a complaint with the operations manager and he was told to leave me alone and stop spreading lies. One day I walked into the club and I was told by that manager to come into his office. I told him to leave me alone and he said he was going to call the police if i did not leave. I called the corporate office to file a complaint and they did nothing because of the fact that I used to work there. I loved that gym...


4) I am too tired to write a long disertation on why I am disappointed with this gym. However, there are a few things I can write.
Dirty. Trainers leave and there are no options at local gym. Management offers assistance but seem insincere. Called to cancel and actually had to take abuse from the Promo dept Lisa - I stated I called to cancel lets cut the crap and she was so offended by the use of that word stating she was only trying to help and give me options. Duh I called to cancel. Would not reccomend this expensive, overpriced, dirty facility to anyone. Just my opinion.


5) I have been working out at Lifestyle Family Fitness in Pickerington for about 6 months now. I have recently noticed some changes for the better. Especially with the clubs management. The problem though is that they let some of the bad things that were happening there drive away some of there best employees (Andrew & Justin). I do not know why as a company they would not try harder to keep them on board. I did not sign up under Andrew, but I got to know him very well because he is very out going and always there to help the clients as well as make some small talk. Hopefully someone will realize this mistake and try and fix it.


6) I have been fighting since July of 2010 to be released from the hold of a company that claims not to have a contract. Lifestyle Family Fitness was the only facility I found near the University Area of Charlotte NC that did not lock you in to an annual contract- as I did not plan to be in the area very long. I would have been better off joining a different facility.

LFF takes first and last month's membership fees upfront with a guarantee that if you have to back out- you will be released without a problem. I decided to leave the gym in July of 2010. I called the number given to me from the gym. The person on the phone sent me an email that I replied to. I spoke to someone on the phone again who said that my account would need to be drafted a final time- which went against what I was told to start with. I didnt fight this. Somehow that final payment was for September not August for whatever reason and I didnt dispute this.

Long story short. This company drafted my account several times since then and still claim that I owe a balance. I changed bank cards and LFF still found a way to access my bank account. I have tried to get my money back with no success and the staff at LFF are terribly condescending and not helpful. Even the people answering the phone claim to be managers but will give your information to a a "manager" when you ask to speak to their bosses. Its exhausting. I am in the customer service business and I deal with people's livelihoods and money on a daily basis. I would never treat people the way that this organization has been treating me.


7) Everytime you call to have a problem resolved the agents are rude and speak over you and they actually have the nerve to tell you not to get angry after they have been disrespectful its very iritating and now I am in the process of trying to cancel my membership and am still getting the run around and same poor attitude..not to mention they debited my bank account a full months dues when my account should be frozen and now they don't want to refund for their mistake..and that is my complaint.


8) I left my daughter in the daycare for 45 minutes. When I dropped her off there was only one girl working in the center but only 3 children. When I picked her up the same girl was talking on her cell phone and there were around 15 children of all ages running around and I was almost out the door before she even noticed me leaving. The other girl who was supposed to be working was at the front desk talking about how she hasn't gotten her hair done in so long.

I went back to the club at a later date and told a salesperson I wanted my money back. He told me there was no manager on duty and that I would need to come back Mon-Fri between 9 and 5 (the hours most people work... just a coincidence he assured me...) I went back and had to go though the same sales person, who referred me to a manager who told me that she was new and did not know if she could give me a refund. The sales person went and spoke to a district manager who came out and told me that he would not give me a refund until I qualify for their comfort refund. I have given my key tag every time I have gone in and they considered some of these dates they don't even consider workouts... I have to wait another two weeks and come in on an exact date and hope I catch a manager to get my refund. I refuse to leave my daughter in their child care program and they don't understand why "because we usually have 3 or 4 girls working in there and you must sign the child in and out." Sorry Lifestyle, but when it comes to the safety of the children in your care, USUALLY doesn't cut it!

No comments: