Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lifestyle Lift Review: Cinderella for 2 months, then back to the pumpkin

Thanks for hearing my story: I've not been able to air my disappointments because I cannot hurt my husband after the hard-earned money we put into my selfish dream did not pan out (although I'm certain he has noticed but is too kind to mention). Just like all of you reading this, I used to look in the mirror and lift my sagging jowls and neck up and think how wonderful it would be to wave the magic wand, and... along comes LifeStyle...sign me up!

First visit: posh waiting area and consulting room, tentative PRE-op staff, I felt totally pampered. I was assured that my good skin made me a great candidate for a successful and long-lasting fix.

Day of surgery: once past the front room (and charge card signing) the story changed. Dirty floors, stacks of red plastic bags marked "human biotoxic waste"(yuck, FAT!!) in plain view piled high in corners, yawning unpersonable staff. The young surgeon was the exception, both personable and exuding confidence. Little did I know I'd never see him again. Next visits I was roughly treated by newly graduated med assistants yanking out stitches and "evacuating" fluids with a big syringe.

No more details to report, but the sad sum of it all: IT DIDN'T LAST. I looked great for two months, then the skin suddenly slackened and jowls and neck look pretty much like pre-op. I'm sure by the 7-month mark there will be no signs of my 2 months of glory. Moral of the story: save your money for a real facelift and do not allow yourself to be sold out to a quick-fix, impersonal, assembly-line procedure like this. Very Good Lifestyle Lift Cost!

No comments: